Have some old shutters lying around the house? Try some of these ideas to breathe new life into them!
Decorating with shutters is easier than you might think. There are many DIY projects & simple ways to incorporate them into your home decor. From fun furniture to unique wall art pieces to photo-worthy storage solutions, here you will find ways to repurpose old shutters in ways that are truly amazing.
No matter if the style of your interior is modern or rustic reused old shutters will add character to any space.
1. Cover a whole wall in old shutters
2. Build a cottage-style shutter console table for your living room
3. Use shutters to create a cool island for your kitchen
4. Use old shutters as beautiful rolling closet doors
via Me & Mrs. Jones
5. Build a bathroom shelf using two shutters and some wood scraps
6. Use a shutter as a creative way to display your family photos
7. Make an inexpensive headboard with shutters and some paint
8. Turn an old shutter into a multipurpose organizer
9. Make shutters into a corner shelf
10. Use an old shutter as a table runner or a centerpiece
11. Add shutters to a mirror for an extra touch of flair
via My Shabby Soul
12. Shutters are a great place to store kitchen items
via Design Sponge
13. Save some cabinet space by making a handy shutter mug rack to store all your coffee mugs
14. Build this cute garden bench
15. Use an old shutter as the base to hold your herb garden
16. Turn old shutters into fabulous wall art with some paint and sand paper
via Crafts by Amanda