Trying to remove that charred, black, cooked-on food from the bottom of your pots and pans can be very frustrating and a lot of work. Fortunately, there are a few easy recipes and tips to make it easier!
Here are some tried-and-true methods for removing burnt food off pots and pans of all types:
Baking Soda Method
1. Fill the pot or pan with about 2-3 inches of water and add 1/4 cup baking soda.
2. Heat until boiling, simmer for 15 min.
3. Turn off heat and let sit for 30 min.
4. Wash pot/pan as normal.
Baking Soda + Vinegar Method
1. Fill the bottom of pot or pan with a layer of water.
2. Add 1 cup vinegar.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Remove the pot/pan from the heat and add the baking soda. Expect fizz!
5. Empty pot/pan and scour as normal.
Cover pot or pan with hot water and drop into it 5 alka-seltzer tablets. Let sit for 1 hour before washing as normal.
Dryer Sheet Method
Yup, you read that right, a dryer sheet. The product typically used for laundry can actually be used in the kitchen as well. Place a dryer sheet in the bottom of a dirty pot or pan, fill with warm water, and let sit in the sink overnight. The pot/pan will be easier to clean in the morning.