Zip ties aren’t only for cable management. These lightweight, cheap and strong ties can be used for a number of things around the house. Here are 11 surprising uses for zip ties you probably didn’t know about.
1. Keep all your keys in one place with a zip tie
2. If you find yourself in need of some shower curtain rings, you can always make your own with zip ties
3. Create your own unique and interesting lighting fixture using zip ties
4. Fix a broken toilet handle using zip ties and a key ring
5. Use zip ties in the garden to give your plants some steady support
Just remember to not tie the plant too tight, to give it room to grow and move freely.
6. Unclog a drain with a zip tie
Use the scissors to cut notches in the plastic zip tie, then insert the zip tie into the drain to remove clogs.
7. Does your fence have a tear? Repair it with some zip ties
8. Zip ties are great for hanging wreaths, string lights and garland
9. Repair your broken zipper within seconds with a zip tie
10. Never lose a hubcap again by securing them with zip ties
via Zip Tie Guy
11. Use zip ties inserted into broom, mop and tool handles to make them easier to hang on any hook
via Sew Many Ways
What do you think of these zip tie hacks? Which one is your favorite?
Save this post for later or share it with your friends and family on Pinterest!